What is Knowledge Transfer?
A project management technique focused on educating a company on how to maintain & holistically understand a new or improved product, service or experience.
As part of creating, upgrading or changing a product, service or experience (i.e. a creation) it is recommended that agencies assign a period of time where a client's team will be educated on how the creation has been built, how the creation works and what's required to maintain it.
This period is known as knowledge transfer and its process often involves:
- Meetings, lectures and documentation on the technology design system.
- Hands-on demo's of how everything works and where it pertains in the codebase.
- A discussion of the styleguide and how new designs should be developed and implemented.
- A walkthrough of the user experience map.
- A walkthrough of the technology systems map to explain how everything connects.
- An explanation of the analytics system.
- An explanation of all the coordinators within the system, their purpose and how they work.
This period is often recommended to be paired with Hypercare so that the business can successfully transition to a new or improved product, service or experience.
Looking to learn more about Project Management, Technology and Strategy?
Search our blog to find educational content on project management, design, development and strategy.